We provide a wide range of social and support services for older people (generally aged 55+) in the Causeway Coast & Glens area.
- Better Together (support for older people with early-onset dementia and/or mild congitive impairment issues)
- Making a Difference (general support services)
- Helping Us Helping You (volunteering and training)
- Active Age (social activities, currently suspended because of Covid19)
If you know anyone who could benefit from any of our services, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our activities are all run in accordance with Covid19 government guidelines.
Better Together comprises a range of services for older people with early-onset dementia and/or mild congitive impairment issues. All activities are run by fully trained staff.
Making a Difference
Through this project we support those in need, regardless of age.
- Advocacy & Information: Providing specialised advice, for example regarding benefits and social services. We can help with all kinds of problems, particularly dealing with benefits and organisations. If we can’t help directly, we’ll find someone who can! We offer free and confidential advice, information and support.
- Grocery shopping and delivery (up to 12 items).
- Prescription medication collection and delivery
- Signposting:General help & advice, for example recommending handymen or personal alarms.
- Telephone Befriending: Volunteers regularly call those who may be isolated or lonely to help reduce social isolation.
All Making a Difference services are provided free of charge, although of course donations are always very welcome!
Thanks to The New Needs Fund for its generous support.
Helping Us Helping You
This project supports those of any age who may be socially isolated or lonely. We offer a variety of opportunities for volunteering, which is of benefit both to the charity and the individual. The project will also again involve (when guidelines permit) a monthly volunteers’ get together in a local coffee shop and Recognition Events.
We provide flexible support and mentoring, tailored to the individual, enabling the development of skills such as communication, timekeeping, stock control/rotation and cash-handling within a friendly environment.
Thanks to Connected – Causeway Loneliness Network for its generous support.
For many years we have been organising a great range of social activities for older people in the Causeway Coast and Glens area, with opportunities for travel, fun, friendship and learning new skills.
Unfortunately all Active Age activities are currently suspended due to Covid19; we hope to resume once restrictions are lifted.